Saturday, March 1, 2008

People without kids are not interesting

Today I had plans with one of my oldest friends to hang out, have lunch and shop. While we were shopping we saw another friend who we went to high school with as well. We got to talking and she related to us how she met Chelsea Clinton the other day in the airport. Which was kinda a big deal since as of 1992 people had always made fun of her for looking a bit like Chelsea Clinton. Anyway, she said that she wanted to start a blog based on that one story and was joking how she wasn't sure what else she would write, but it was a good starting point. A friend at work was known for being a web designer and could design one for her so she asked. The friend was more than happy to do it but asked what on earth she would blog about since she didn't have children.

::crickets chirping::

To add insult to injury a few weeks later when my friend told her friend she was ready to do it the friend asked "so you're pregnant?"

::crickets continuing to chirp::

I made the comment that if that comment was made to me, I'd rip the woman's uterus out of her belly, throw it on the floor and step on it (you know, for effect). My friend said she was not quite that angry at the comment.

Oh, what? Was that too much? It just irks me when people think that every single person on this earth must be married and have kids to fulfil their destiny and be interesting and wonder why everyone else doesn't think that way. That's like me telling the parents of the world that they're fools for having such snot-nosed, dependent little life suckers. See, I play nice and don't say such things (mainly since that's not how I feel, but it could be).

Just a pet peeve. Just thought I'd share. Oh, and warn you not to talk about such things around me if you value your uterus.

I'm just sayin....

and hey, this is my first attempt at drawing a uterus. Excuse me for the long fallopian tubes.

8 comments:

Dallas Diaries said...

urm. i like the shoes. So all bloggers have kids or something? BULL SHIT.

Anonymous said...

wow. People are just crazy. Funny thing is I read a lot of blogs, but I don't like the ones that are about kids. Sure, they're cute to you, and your family and maybe your friends, but huh not so much to strangers people.

Sizzle said...

Nice uterus drawing! Reminds me of O'Keeffe skulls. ;)

I'd be pissed too!

Fluffycat said...

I agree with Sizzle. I was thinking it's like one of those cow skulls in a cartoon.

Essentially Me said...

That picture is hilarious!

Scotty said...

So I looked at your 'Wish List' on the sidebar there, and saw this and was going to get it for you. Unfortunately they are out of stock :(

Princess Consuela Banana Hammock said...

nice uterus! your so talented. much better than my stick figures with over sized boobs. :)

Anonymous said...

Hell, I have a kid and never once thought about doing a blog... nor are the blogs I read all done by parents... wtf?! Am I SO out of touch that I don't realize the mainstream thinks this way? If so... hooray for me!