As if I wasn't disillusioned enough with my current lineup of eHarm 'cookies', I had a guy cancel dinner on Sunday with me.
Hey Megan, I'm really embarrassed, but I have to cancel on Sunday. I forgot about a promise to my grandmother. (dude, do ya really got to bring Granny into this?) She's having a big dinner and I've bailed on the last three. Can I get a raincheck?
I respond: Sure, no problem <--no punctuation...must not be Excited! or Pissed. Must be Nuetral
Whatever. I'm so done. I would rather be single for life then deal with this. Maybe I'm being cynical, but of course I think this is a complete fabrication of an excuse.
Bitter Betty, table for one, we're ready to seat you now.
Really, what's so bad about being single for life? I've got great friends and family. And there are always male prostitutes. They makes those in the non-gay variety, right?
I will look for 12 cats to add to my collection starting tomorrow. ...and maybe a rocking chair. I was going to say 'maybe a rocking chair or two' but let's be honest, why would I need a second?
11 months ago
6 comments:
Hah, I'm with you on this. But it gets better. Just hard to keep that energy level going, keep meeting people, etc. Hang in there.
he brought the GRANDMOTHER into it? What an idiot.
I like the "no exclamation mark" in your response.
I know that now that I am in a "relationship" I don't really get to say these things but I will say them anyhow. . . Being single has its perks. You have no one to answer to. You are free to make your schedule, answer to no one, spend the weekend watching TLC or SATC reruns in your crappy pjs and unwashed hair. You have so much possibility. I know it feels lonely sometimes but the opposite of singlehood can sometimes feel smothering.
So maybe...just try to embrace this time as a positive thing because the right guy won't be so much work.
Gah, I know I sound preachy, especially since I am dating someone now but I spent YEARS single and sometimes I really miss it.
If you get a second rocking chair, there will be someplace for YOU to sit. The 12 cats will be in the first one.
He brought his GRANDMA into it? Wow.
At the very least you threw the ball back to him.
FC-yeah, I'll make it, but dang it's work!
DD-yes...I've learned punctuation is very important.!?
Sizzle-sigh...thanks.
Christie-ha! yes, very good way to look at it!
Scotty- I know, right? 'throwing the ball' reminds me of how one of my friends refers to dating...remind me to tell you sometime.
Post a Comment