I just realized I haven't posted since Tuesday! I'm such a naughty monkey! So now that I need to study for two tests next week it only makes sense that I would blog instead. Because that's sure to get me an A.
So one of my old work buds, Eric, celebrated his 32nd birthday this weekend. We um, well, er celebrated (my vocabulary is obviously wide) at a dueling piano bar. It was an interesting night and for all intents and purposes, my car shall now be known as 'the puke wagon' because for the past two Friday's the passenger of my vehicle has lost their lunch...or I guess dinner. Along with what was surely an expensive array of drinks. But I digress.
So obviously Eric had some fun. We all bought his shots and made sure it was a night to remember. I captured a few pics from the evening. After I took one of Eric a guy came up to me and let me know that I had just taken his picture as well....oooookay....and? Well, apparently he also made a funny face. He said he likes to do that in the background in other people's pictures. Hmmmm, okay, he was pretty darn cute and tall so I continued the conversation. We ended up talking all night. He was younger than me by a few years (and once again I revealed my age when asked...why do I do that?). Anywho....he was an Engineer, worked at a good company, had a house not too far from me. I was totally getting the vibe that he was into me. I tried to bring a few other people into the conversation but he was talking just to me. Alright...good stuff. As we were tending to Eric in the bathroom while he was barfing, the guy waited outside for me...we continues to talk. All.freakin.night. Soooo, since I was the DD for the drunk birthday boy and he was obviously ready to hit the bricks I went up to Picture boy and told his I was going to have to leave. And I lingered. And he said it was nice meeting me and gave me a lengthy hug. And I lingered. Sigh...then I walked out the door. Yup, that's right, Picture Boy didn't ask for the digits. after talking all.freakin.night. BUT! On the upside, I think it years past I would have suggested he give me a call sometime only to be disappointed later when he didn't. But like I said a few posts ago, a guy is going to have to be aggressive, a mans man if you will for me to be interested. And if you don't have balls enough to ask for my number then I don't wantcha anyway. I just imagine our future life where I help you tie your apron around your waist and hold your hand while you birth our child. Because obviously you'll be the woman in the relationship. So my point is, I'm proud of myself for sticking to my guns...so there.
So here are some pics from the evening.
The party boy taking a jager bomb I bought him. I had already downed mine and was STILL able to snap this picture. Man, I drank him under the table.
Amy and my sis
Me and Amy
Birthday Boy and Picture Boy
Ugh....back to studying...I think I'd rather clean up a pukey car.
5 comments:
Thanks for the laugh! Sorry things didn't pan out with the guy. Men are so frustrating! You're a great catch, and he is missing out. Good luck on your tests.
Ahh - tell Eric "Happy B-Day" for me! I miss you guys!!!!!!!
I'm not sure anyone has ever puked in my car. The opposite, can't be said.
who is Eric?
I'm so with you on guys getting some balls! Sometimes I just want to shout "man up!" arrrrggghhhhh
Post a Comment