Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Finish Line


Ever feel like you'd like a traditional finish line when you accomplish certain things in life? Wouldn’t it be nice to run across a finish line tape when you aced a project at work? Got your MBA? Bought your first house? It would be nice to have a crowd too, applauding for you as you cross the line.

Seeing as how this appeals to me, I decided to come up with a finish line of sorts for myself. I would like all of you to meet me at my house and sit in the stands I have constructed in my backyard....okay, not quite. What I have decided on as my finish line is a bit....quirkier. Okay, maybe it's downright strange. And I think even those of you who know me really well are going to read this and say, "exsqueeze me?"

So as some of you know, I am 30 pounds down towards my goal of 47 pounds lost. So I'm getting there, not at lightning speed, but hell I'm getting there and to keep my ass going I decided on my 'finish line'. I no longer feel like a tub of jello and have aspirations of soon feeling pretty damn good about myself. So, to capture that feeling I've decided to do two things.

#1 Get professional pictures taken. Not so weird, eh? Okay, that's not the 'different' part. I will be taking said pictures nude. Yes, that is correct, nude, not naked (nude sounds much more classy, don't cha think?). Hence the professional piece. I sure as hell am not going to be whipping out the Kodak Easy Share in my living room for these. The neighbors might start to wonder....even more than they do now.

#2 After said pictures are taken I will be sending them somewhere. Somewhere where I know there's not a icecream cone's chance in hell (mmmm, ice cream) that they will get accepted, but it's the principal of the matter. It's my finish line. It's Playboy. Like I said...I'm not delusional, I am not in my 20's, my boobs aren't round and I still will probably weigh as much as Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton combined, but it's something I've always had a secret desire to do. Always! As long as I can remember....
So there it is, please pick up your jaws from the floor. If some of you cheeky monkeys are lucky you may even get a looksee. Here's to hoping they don't make you blind.

Here's a preview...circa 1979




Champagne wishes and perky booby dreams.....

7 comments:

Dallas Diaries said...

You want to pose for Playboy?

-from your VERY disturbed employee.

Anonymous said...

GO FOR IT MEGGIO!

Librarian Girl said...

Photos, no problem. But, if you become one of Hefs "girlfriends," I am personally coming to LA to get you and take you home.

Sassy but sweet... said...

You are:
a) brave
b) crazy
c) proud (which you should be)
d) on something medicinal?

Girl, I admire your courage no matter what you do, but remember photos last forever...

Anonymous said...

Pri - yes. I know it's scary, but quit looking at me like that when I pass your desk?!?!

Annie - I knew you'd be on board!

Lirarian girl - you couldn't pay me enough to slep with that man! I would, however, love to go to a party there. I'd invite you all along! Maybe just submitting a picture will be enough to get an invite....

Sassy- hell yea, I hope they're forever! So one day when I'm 80 and my boobs are at my knees, I can show these pictures off the the grandkids. :) I kid. Maybe I'll cover my tidbits when it comes time....we'll see.

Fluffycat said...

Wow, that's a GREAT idea to celebrate your weight loss. Memorialize your new body in full living color. I would imagine that's a good motivator too.

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is prbably a weird place to post this, but I can't get any new posts to post. Is anyone using Blogger having the same problem?