Guitar Guy-We e-mailed once this week. I think he didn't feel sparks either. Which makes things easy. I wouldn't mind having him as a friend though. I wonder how one approaches that?
Dry White Toast - haven't heard form him. Good thing, a few more minutes and I would have died of boredom.
Girly Man- Met for breakfast this morning. Holy cow, it was the most awkward meal EVER! He was VERY soft spoken and timid and seemed incredibly nervous. Conversation was forced and we were in and out of there in under an hour. Next.
Ginormous Guy- we talked on the phone for the first time last night for a short while. He has the thickest Texas accent I've heard in a long time, so I'm thinking he may be a bit of a hick. We made tentative plans to get together sometime this coming week. He was very nervous to talk to me over the phone. I told him there was no reason to be nervous. I don't bite...hard.
Funny Guy- Well, as you already know us meeting for beers went stupendously. Did I kiss him? Yes...anything more skanky? Absolutely not. Here's where the neuroses kick in. I had such a great time. The conversation could not have been any better. We were simpatico. We talked for 3 hours and hardly came up for air. He was cute. He was funny. In my head I thought, 'OMG I want to marry this guy'. In jest, but halfway serious...very unlike moi. So, it only seems reasonable that now I am afraid he won't ever call me again. Ever. In a million years. The one thing I would have changed about the 'date'? I really wish he would have said 'we have to do this again' or 'what are you doing next xxx'. But nothing. And no call yet. I realize we went out Thursday night and it's Saturday evening.....but I was really hoping for a call or e-mail at this point. I'm so calm, cool and collected when I am on the fence about a guy. But now that I'm loopy over one? I'm going off the deep end. Jesus, Mary and Joseph I need to take a chill pill. So as we were leaving he asked if I wanted to join him at another bar, as he was meeting a friend. I thought about it but said no, I better head home. Te rationale was that I didn't want to press my luck; the past three hours had gone so well, why keep it going and introduce the potential for it to get stale? And, I gotta keep him wanting more, right? Anyway, he asked for me to text him when I got home so he knew I got home okay.
Me: I'm home! Thanks again for the beers...I had a great time!
Him: Me too. Woo hoo.
ummmm, woo hoo(.) ? Why not woo hoo(!)? See, I'm crazy...go ahead, tell me.
So now I am waiting. And as much as I want to appear carefree and like I'm the one who has a lot to offer (which I know I do) I instead overthink everything and figure he's not contacting me because he decided a) I'm ugly b) I'm fat c) I have a terrible personality d) he met a girl at the second bar and is now married with 12 kids e) decided I was just too good to be true and stopped at drinks. must.go.to.doctor.for.anti.anxiety.medication.
Sigh....so I'm going to be positive and hope he calls tomorrow or Monday. Cross your fingers for me people. I don't usually get quite this nutty over a guy....I'm thinking he has potential.
And as for the naysayers who say I shouldn't have kissed him? pbbbbbtttt! :P
I have officially reverted back to my 13 year old self. Thanks eHarmony.
5 comments:
I totally and completely feel your pain. I have no advice, just sympathy. *hugs*
Well, I think that you kissing him was a good idea. I've had a few guys tell me that is the way they know a woman is really interested in them "that way." And I think if he hasn't written you by Monday, drop him a line on Tuesday or Weds with a "I really had a great time" kind of thing. Sometimes guys get nervous, need a little encouragement, yadda yadda.
I've had the date where I couldn't wait to leave as well. That soft talking guy, ugh. I hate that.
wow. well youre not that crazy. Some nobody kid I went to grade school with made th front page news by spending 40 grand on a billboard sign on the busiest highway in KL, with his picture on it, a ring in hand and the words "kelly will you marry me" next to his face.
oh. On valentines day.
She said yes of course.
Which then made me call Sergio who is outta town up and start bawling about how I didnt even get a proposal and now I want a big ol one.
*sigh* wanna share crazy pills with me tomorrow?
As one of your best friends, I am compelled to offer this secret. It is not one that I share with many people. Here it is: There is nothing wrong with letting a guy know what's on your mind. In fact, in the grand scheme of things, it's a good thing to have the lines of communication open. Why don't you call or e-mail him and let him know you had a good time and would like to hang out again? He may be nervous and afraid that you don't want to see him again. If you liked him that much - take the next step. You may be pleasantly suprised. Besides, there is nothing to lose.
You know I'm right. ;-)
'woo hoo'? Weird.
Post a Comment