Thursday, February 21, 2008

ummmm....

...I starting to think Funny Guy reads my blog. I'm not even kidding. It's possible. Considering my e-mail address and my blog address are almost identical it's not a stretch to think he could figure it out. But then again, *I'm* the professional stalker here...I may be overestimating the abilities of mere mortals.

So there I sit, stewing in my own juices (okay, that just sounds plain 'ol nasty) after posting tonight. I took a shower and left the phone outside the bathroom on purpose...so I didn't try to look at it twelve times while getting shampoo in my eyes. I tried to make it a long shower...I got out....no call. The ex called. yadda yadda yadda....I am disgruntled, why are you not Funny Guy calling me. yadda yadda, I'm in a bad mood, glad you're having fun skiing, go away.

I turn off the lights and am watching Family Guy attempting to find some humor in my life when the phone rings...at 10:30...of course it's him.

We talked about stuff for about 15 minutes (and it was good conversation, I have to admit), he mentions that he hasn't come up with a plan yet for tomorrow but will and that he'll call me tomorrow afternoon. okay. So I don't feel like I can be totally mad because he did, in fact, call on the day he said he was going to call. And sometime I get so wrapped around the axle when things don't happen exactly as I have planned in my head that I work myself up into a frenzy. Dang it.

As Amy put it tonight after the movie when I looked at the phone at 9:00 pm and pouted. "You need to lose that damn phone for a day. Although I seriously think you might have a breakdown"

Who, moi? Impatient and needing things to happen on her timetable?? Possibly. This is where the dichotomy of Megan comes into play. Confident until she likes a guy. Laid back until she's waiting for 'the call'. Patient until...oh wait, I'm never patient.

Anyway, game on for now. But seriously, I'm not counting my chickens before they're hatched. And thank you Sizzle and Fluffycat for the nice words on the last post. It's nice to know I've got my blog girlfriends in my corner. Hi-yah! karate chop!

Game on!

3 comments:

Sizzle said...

It's like they have some sixth sense about when to call, right when we're about to completely give up. Or how they can smell when we're getting close to someone else and they come out of the woodwork.

Just don't settle for anything less than what you deserve.

Scotty said...

Agree with Sizzle.

Though, no plan the day before? I mean, at least think of somewhere to start the minute before you pick up the phone to call.

'Yeah... we'll do something...'

::we can 'watch' 'movies'::

When a guy is excited to call a girl, he doesn't wait until 10:30 at night. He has a 'plan' that he has thought of over and over.

My (albeit a little to the right) guess is that he calls in the late afternoon, and asks what you feel like doing.

Fluffycat said...

Yeah I third what Sizzle said!

I've had my doubts about this guy. I know I tend to be attention seeking in dating, but I think that the guy should be making some plans, showing some sign of being really into you and not offhand about it.

Personally, I think it's better to stay at home or go out with friends than go out w/ a flakey guy who doesn't treat you well.