Friday night I was all about sitting in my pj pants and watching tv. I have felt all week like I was getting sick, but not actually getting sick. So I was tired. So there I sat in my pj pants, slippers, laptop on my lap and watching tv. Then the phone rings. Tere and Andrea are going to the Ghost Bar in the W hotel downtown. I have wated to go there for awhile, but heard it was the ultimate in pretentious and full of georgous people. Sounds just my speed...waiter, I'll take an order of self esteem depressor please. This is what I imagined (BTW, an actual pic from there). Ha ha! And as I'm looking at these pics I realize there's a girl from my work in one of them. As luck would have it, she also causes a drop in self-esteem for the rest of us girls at work. ha ha! Oh, and could there BE any more blond girls??
Anywho....I somehow get convinced to get off the couch, get super dressed up in a little black dress and lots of makeup and head down there with the girls. And, as usual, I'm glad I did.
The hotel was swanky, the bar was pretty and that night it wasn't quite as pretentious as I had heard. In fact, in our super dressed up state we were definilty the belles of the ball.
We had the strangest experience while we were there. One of the VIP hosts came up to the three of us and said he would buy our next round of drinks if we would go sit at a VIP table with some guests. Ummmmm, did he think we were hookers? Where exactly was this going? Well, come to find out this party of three had ordered bottle sevice and by Texas law you need 6 people to sit at the table to do that. So we sat and they could get their bottle. We ended up chatting them up and they were nice people. A little different, but nice. They made us this shot called a La Bomba. It was in a brandy snifter and one of the guys lit the shot on fire and put his hand over the glass opening. SO then it stuck to his hand. He shook and shook and shook. After that you pull it off (ewww, I just realized not only was a drinking from a glass that touched his hand, but I also was drinking alchohol that was all over his hand) and shoot it. THEN you take two straws and suck the air out the snifter. And it burns like shit. It's supposed to give you a high. I didn't 'hold it in' like I was supposed to for fear of losing precious brain cells, but others told me it worked. weird. I felt like an after school special. 'do it! you'll be cool if you do!'
So overall, good dancing, good music, expensive drinks, and no play. Still a fun night out with the girls. The one thing we missed out on was the view from the balcony. It's supposed to be phenomical. It was pretty foggy so we couldn't see crap. But this is what it's supposed to look like:
well dang, apparently despite the rave reviews of the view, I can't find any pics that I can copy in to here. So you'll just have to settle for one of the bar itself.
Well, that's it, not too exciting, I admit, but it was good to try something new!
PS...no news on the Funny Guy front. If you see a guy in Dallas and he appears to be funny, please kick him in the nuts for me. Thanks.




2 comments:
Dang that Funny Guy! Sheesh!
Sounds like a fun time at the W!
At the W here, there is a 'beach'. Its a rooftop bar, with a portion of it covered in sand. The sand, is heated. Just in case, you know, it ever gets cold.
Post a Comment