And didn't really mean to. Oh, I had plenty going on in life, I just failed to have any witty words to describe it.
Here's what I had come up with:
Wow, work sucks right now
Wow, school is not very exciting
Wow, I have no funny stories to tell you
See, those don't quite have the same je ne sais quoi. So here I am like a billion days later hoping that the writing fairy will bestow upon me something to say here in about...oh say...2 seconds?
First I will update you on the eHarm thing. <--what an intro, really grabs your attention, no? I feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment because I'm suddenly in uber-dating mode. I had a date last night, a coffee 'date' this morning, more coffee on Wednesday, drinks on Thursday and possibly two more meetings maybe over next weekend? Can one be exhausted from dating? Me thinks yet. Not that I am complaining, I mean, at least I'm meeting people right? Guitar guy and I (from coffee a few weeks ago) finally went on our first 'date'. Dinner and a movie. He was getting over being sick and I was just plain exhausted from the week but we went and had a good time. Thai food (which was stupendous) and then to see There Will Be Blood. Now I know that this movie won't be for everyone, but it has catapulted to my top ten list, dare I say very close to the top? I love love loved it. Really. No, really, you should go see it. It was almost 3 hours long though so by the time we got out it was very late. He drove me back to my car, opened my car door and then we hugged and I got a peck on the cheek. He seemed to be going in for more, but I wasn't sure so I probably botched that but quickly recovered in Megan fashion by telling him I'd kiss him but I didn’t want to get sick. Smoooooth, I know. Hey, it was the truth! And speaking of truth, I think I may be to relax now when it comes to dating. I think I need to revive more of the coyness and flirtasioness. I'm just so dang comfortable with myself, I pretty much will talk about anything. Like 'hey, how's this eHarmony thing working out for ya?' I'm starting to think eHarmony is like Fight Club. You may be IN fight Club, but you don't TALK about Fight Club. It's not as if I was prattling on and on about stuff...hell, he's the first guy I've been out with, but it's probably not the best topic to bring up. I guess what I'm trying to say is that...shit I don't know what I'm trying to say. But rest assure, I'm not so comfortable that I'm farting or burping or talking about my wicked cramps. I still have some moniker of decorum left...for now at least. So Guitar guy is TBD.
Coffee date this morning was another story. That was definitely a no-go. I will dub this one 'dry white toast' and leave it at that. He was cute but had one of the driest, humorless personalities ever. And I don't think he was crazy about me either. So that's that. Wednesday is drinks or coffee with.... compliment guy. He's a divorced dad of two and compliments me in every e-mail we exchange. We'll see. Thursday I'm looking forward to. I think. We'll call him Funny Guy. His e-mails have left me rolling with laughter.
Some excerpts:
Funny Guy
Well, I know that I'M not a serial killer, but why should I trust you? I take Dr. Warren's "rules of the road" very seriously. So far you seem OK; you haven't asked for money, used vulgar language, asked inappropriate questions, OR suggested sexual fantasies. :) I think we should definitely meet for a drink this week sometime. Of course, I am going to need you TDL# and your social, and we need to meet in a public place during the day. I'll give your information to a family member of mine so I can check in after our "date" to let them know I'm OK. :)
Me
I'm cool with meeting up for drinks next week. I was going to suggest Thursday but then it hit me that it's...du du du....Valentine's Day! I don't really care and I wouldn't expect a huge box of chocolates, 3 dozen roses and a piece of large, but tasteful jewelry (I mean, unless you REALLY wanted to...I would try not to hold it against you) so I'm up for it if you are. I have school Monday and Tuesday and already have something going on after work on Wednesday so Thursday or Friday work for me. Just let me know!
Funny Guy
Thursday is cool with me. For the last eight years on Valentine’s night, I’ve had a standing reservation at The Palm for dinner and a room at Za Za for just such an occasion. You’re the first victim…errr….girl that has been so lucky as to join me. I can’t wait to introduce you to the valets, hostesses, servers, concierges, etc. that have seen me for seven unsuccessful years in row. Sweet redemption shall be mine.
Just some excerpts. But I like how he matches my wit and appears to get my sense of humor. We'll see how it goes though. E-mails can be deceiving.
The weekend could bring 'dates' with Ginormas Guy (6'7") and Girlie Man(no he's not girly, it's a play off his name). Whew! This is getting just about ridonkulous. I'm sure it will settle down after this first wave, so I'll enjoy meeting new people for the moment. This, work and school is making it difficult to find time to work out though. I'm thinking morning workouts may be in order. But those of you that know me know getting me out of bed early in the morning requires a stick on dynamite and the promise of pancakes. So we'll see.
Well, that's it for now. I must let Gracie in. I read on one of my town's message boards that a cougar is loose and attacked a few large breed dogs. So now I'm sure that any second, said unseen cougar is going to jump into my backyard and kill Gracie. Rational thoughts, eh? I have to make sure the title of this blog is still relavant, people.

7 comments:
Good for you and your dates. I think I'm on a dating hiatus, but not a blogging hiatus. I was actually contemplating eHarm again, but I'm really not patient enough for going through all those stupid questions again.
I read somewhere about a women who was dating several men and kept index cards on each of them that way when she got done with her dates she could note significant info so she didn't get confused. Sounds like you might need such a system.
I hear you on the being too comfortable with yourself. All that coyness seems fake and a lot of work anymore. Of course I'm still single so don't take my advice ;)
yay! I'm glad you and Guitar Guy are still dating. He sounds good so far. And I'm glad you are nicknaming all these men - it will make it so much easier to gossip about them while I'm commuting home. All these men - wow, Meggio - a Rolodex of Love might just be in order!
I swear I've seen that lady sitting on the same guy in Martini park at the shops.
I swear!
Dating is hard work!
I'm a girl who likes to primp and get in date mode after work, so the amount of time I was spending on my hair and shaving my legs, etc was ridiculous.
I got to the point where I made too many plans with too many people and couldn't fit them all in. I actually double and triple dated a few nights. I made myself ill - not just from the stress of it, but because a few of those nights I had multiple dinner dates.
Oh, my belly.
I love all the nicknames! Makes you wonder what the nicknames THEY are using for you are, doesn't it?
Awesome Girl, that's what I think.
I'd kiss him but I didn’t want to get sick
Psssh. Sounds like an excuse to me!
You seem to like serial killers...
Post a Comment