I am the epitome of one of the seven deadly sins today. Go ahead, guess which on. Lust? That would be a good guess, I'm probably guilty of that more days that not and as the days tick by without a boyfriend or at least someone to snog every once in a while, this may become the one that consumes me and sends me straight to hell. But no, not today. Gluttony? Again, something I am particularly fond of. Give me a plate full of pasta and I'll eat it until it's gone. Put some Cheetos in my pantry and I will make the walk back and forth until they are all eaten. No junk food is safe in my house. But again, no. Today's sin is sloth, ladies and gentleman. I embody this sin today. I woke up at 10:00...got out of bed around 11:00, ate what I'll call 'breakfast' at 11:30 went to the gym at 12:30 (the ONLY un-slothlike thing done today), came home, ate lunch, showered, turned on the space heater by my bed and I've been here ever since. OMG. In my defence it it currently 36 degrees outside with a windchill that makes it feel like it's 20. Getting to and from the car today at the gym was a struggle. I was pretty sure my limbs were going to snap off at the joints from being frozen. I exited the gym with a hooded sweatshirt and wool coat on (and pants, yes pants I'm not Brittany y'all) and had the hood over me all tied up tight. I was possibly the most unattractive I have ever been in my life (save the time I had reconstuctive jaw surgery and my head was the size of a watermelon).
Did I mention I'm going out tonight? Yes, that's right, in celebration of my lame-o, non-exciting 31st birthday some friends and I are going to a club tonight. I am questioning my decision. By the time we get there it's going to feel like it's 19 degrees outside. I am not concerned about looking cute anymore. In fact, I'm not sure any other people will be crazy enough to venture out in this shit. I almost cancelled the whole thing yesterday but then remembered that every time I don't want to do something it ends up being super fun. That's my theory anyhow. No expectations here! I'm just hoping that the club is alright (never been there before) and that my friends don't freeze off their num-nums trying to get there. Why must it be so cold? Why must it be 100 in the summer and subzero in the winter? I am in Texas for Pete's sake!! That's it, I'm moving to the equator. It's bound to be warm year-round there.
Well, wish me luck. And pray that my num-nums don't fall off...whatever THAT means.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday! It's been freezing here too, well, almost freezing. Dang winter. I think our ancestors probably just stayed in caves all winter.
Happy Birthday!I hope you don't freeze tonight.
I dont think that REALLY counts as completely sloth... I mean, you worked out, AND you'll be going out.. :)
FluffyCat-thank you! FYI, my ass would have never left the cave in caveman days. I would have found some hot, hunky caveman to bring me food and stuff! :)
Jen- thanks! and fortunately I didn't freeze!
Scotty- you're right, I wasn't completely sloth like, but almost. But Sunday may have qualified. :)
Post a Comment