Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Isn't it ironic..

....don't cha think.

Today I did something that made me laugh. I often do things that make me laugh but this one was pretty ironic. I am driving home from work after convincing myself that working out would be hazardous to my health (I'm still not totally clear on exactly why, but myself bought in to the idea). So it's freezing cold here and I pull into my garage and am jamming to System of a Down, Chop Suey. I hadn't heard it in a while so I was singing along. Then, because I have neuroses, I proceed to close the garage door for fear of a serial killer happening upon my place of residence, noticing the garage door open and a helpless woman in the car and proceeding to walk into my garage and do serial killer type things. Either that or a clown runs in, one or the other. Anyway, there I sit, in the closed garage, with the car on, with the stereo blaring and singing along. I am singing the following lyrics.

I don't think you trust,In, my, self righteous suicide,I, cry, when angels deserve to die In my, self righteous suicide,I, cry, when angels deserve to die

Lovely, I know. Anyway, then it hits me. I am sitting in aforementioned closed garage with the aforementioned car running and singing about suicide. The irony is almost too much to bear. Even though it had been about 10 seconds I suddenly was convinced I was becoming short of breath and quickly turned off the car and went inside. I can see it now...."but she seemed like a happy person!" "her birthday was next week and we know how much she likes presents!" All the while I would be looking down from heaven/up from hell saying 'It was an accident people! Send your gifts up/down here for Pete's/Fuck's sake!' See, I would use different language depending on where I ended up.

Anyway, you'll be happy to know that I didn't accidentally commit suicide today while singing about it. Oh, and I guess working out would have been less hazardous to my health.

In case you don't know the song....you get to hear it here AND see a precious child. What more could you ask for?

4 comments:

Sassy but sweet... said...

That is too funny. I have that same thought when I've come home from a fun night out and I'm jammin to some really great song and I close my garage for fear of the unknown predator, and then utterly freak out at the thought of passing out in my car with tunes blasting and little ol' me drifting off towards the pearly gates without a clue...

Scotty said...

Make sure that if I am ever in a car with you, that the radio is off 5 minutes prior to arrival anywhere.

That will ensure there is no hanging out in the garage with the car on business.

Megan said...

SBS- I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Scotty - 5 minutes? Wow, that's very precautionary, but I guess with me you have to be careful! :)

Anonymous said...

omg! Since you're safe that's funny!