Ya know how I really know I'm over him?
Conversation from Tuesday night:
him: I just don't know what I'm doing in life. I don't feel like I have a normal life
me: what's a normal life?
him: you know, not being alone....
me: waaaait, how is that 'normal'? Who defines what that is?
side note: he suffers from a bit of depression from time to time. He gets in these funks and there's really no amount of 'cheering up' that helps.
him: well, I just think that being with the right person will make me happy.
me: It sounds cliche, but you can't depend on someone else to make you happy.
him: But I think I do. And when I think about it, you are the perfect person for me, you have all the qualities that I want. You're level headed, not dramatic, don't nag, good listener, smart, thoughtful....
me: ...but I didn't make you happy
him: ::long pause::
me: see, somebody else can't make you happy
him: I don't know what's wrong with me, I don't know why I over-analyzed the situation.
the old me, the one that had not gotten over him would have been like ::swoon:: and thinking we might be getting back together.
the new me is glancing at (not reading, ya know, since I'm a good listener and all) Perez Hilton while we talk and thinking, 'wow, I'm glad I'm out of that mess'
Ahhhh, isn't it nice when you just 'know' that you're done?
Champagne wishes and self-analysing dreams
7 comments:
That is freaking awesome! I am very happy for you. How long has it been?
FC- Hard to say...the last throws of the relationship were very 'now we're together, now we're not'. I'd say in general it's been about a year. And I've felt good about it for like 3-4 months now. Okay, so maybe 8-9 months IS a long time to get over someone! ;)
Ah, you're free! Yay!
That truly is an awesome feeling.
YAY BEYOND WORDS YAY!!!! I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE DONE AND I HOPE YOU FIND THE ONE WHO DESERVES YOU!!! You inpsire me Ray!
congratulations! sounds like you've really moved on!
congrats!! thats awesome, and I KNOW that feeling when you're over someone and you talk to them and go "oh, youre having a bad day? Bad life? Awe" (while wondering why your one nail will never file right)
I think thats usually what guys/girls do when they are feeling down. If he doesnt have anyone to talk to, he'll naturally go to someone that makes him feel 'wanted'. Thoughts?
Dr. Phil is cool.
Post a Comment