Monday, November 5, 2007

Heard at the family dinner table Sunday night...

Mom: Did you hear Lance Armstrong and Ashley Olsen are dating?

Sis: Yeah I saw that on Perez, I can't believe it! She's only like 21, how old is he?

Mom: I think he's like 35.

Sis: oh, that's not too big of a difference (I am shocked at her nonchalance at this age gap. When I was dating a man 15 years older than me you thought the world had spun off it's axis and flying monkeys were about to take over)

Me: Yeah, totally weird couple...do they even run in the same circles?

Dad: Who's Ashley Olsen?

Me: You know, from the show Full House? One of the kids from that show?

Dad: What's Full House?

Me: Ya know, with Bob Sagat and John Stamos...and the three girls....Uncle Joey?

Dad: Never heard of it.



Obviously dad's are not into important stuff like pop culture. They much prefer football and pulling out weird dance moves at your friend's weddings.

3 comments:

Librarian Girl said...

That couple needs to be voted "Couple Least Likely to Have Any Sort of Body Fat. Whatsoever. For reals."

If there was such an award, that is.

Anonymous said...

that is a weird couple!

Scotty said...

Perez has just about gone too corporate for me. Ads everywhere, you know?

As for never hearing of Full House, you need to get him some sort of DVD set.