In the spirit of walking off the huge meal that was had yesterday I found this neat website that gives your address a rank on how 'walkable' it is. In other words, how accessible are everyday businesses to you so that you could walk to them. Considering I live kinda out in the country, I totally expected the score to be low. But 8%? Wow, yeah, so that's why I have to go to the gym. My fat butt won't be walking anywhere useful. What I did think was funny was the number of Starbucks in the area. I mean, I know they multiply like Sea Monkeys, but really....
Coffee Shops
1.21 Mi
xx not Starbucks xx
1.21 Mi
xx not Starbucks xx
2.93 Mi
Starbucks Coffee
3.34 Mi
Starbucks Coffee Co
5.31 Mi
Starbucks Coffee Co
5.31 Mi
xx not Starbucks xx
Starbucks Coffee
3.34 Mi
Starbucks Coffee Co
5.31 Mi
Starbucks Coffee Co
5.31 Mi
xx not Starbucks xx
5.79 Mi
Starbucks Coffee Co
5.8 Mi
Starbucks
5.8 Mi
xx not Starbucks xx
Starbucks Coffee Co
5.8 Mi
Starbucks
5.8 Mi
xx not Starbucks xx
Alright 5 readers, can anyone do worse than me?

3 comments:
Hmm, I got a 63% and I walk to everything so that seems kind of low to me. Work, hair salon, grocery store, book store, cafe, pizza, thai food, mac store, anthroplogie, drug store, video store... what else IS THERE??
I got a 62%. Not bad. Too bad I never walk anywhere!
Since you listed coffee shops, there are 8 within .4 miles of me.
My walk score... 80% :)
Post a Comment