Wow is this post past due! All the decorations are put away, all the candy is eaten and all the stores are pushing Christmas in full effect. I was shocked on Saturday night I was watching college football and on pops a Christmas themed commercial. Really? Of course, it’s like still 80 degrees here so I’m definitely not in the Christmas spirit just yet. I’d like to wait until after Thanksgiving. Is it preposterous to think that in a few short years we’re going to be gearing up for Christmas right after Easter? I see it happening people….
Anyhow, let’s regress to Halloween. If you haven’t already you can check out a good portion of the picture on my fliker site. I’m so thankful that my friends take pictures. I downloaded mine last night. I took 5. I pity my future children. Unless they come out of the womb with a keen sense of self photography I’m afraid they’ll have one picture as an infant and one at high school graduation. Sorry kids!
So you all know I had fears that my party would be a bust. I think everyone who throws a party has some sense of fear that things won’t be fun, people will leave early and no one will want to come to a party you throw ever again. Now I think I have the opposite problem. This party was so rockin (not by anything I did, just my fabulous fun friends made it that way) that I’ve determined I can’t have any more Halloween parties. Because the bar has been set too high. This happened for my birthday. Birthday 29 was rockin’. We all went to a dueling piano bar, everyone had a blast and talked about how good it was afterwards. I made the mistake of trying to relive that party by having it at the same venue for 29 + 1 (not 30!) and while it was fun, it wasn’t as much fun as the first one. Everyone’s expectations were too high. So there you go. Word to the wise, have a party somewhere between ‘rock my world’ and ‘snoozer’. Martha Stuart doesn’t tell you that shit.
To kick off the festivities I made 200 jello shots the night before. Raspberry, blue raspberry, strawberry and orange. I was worried I didn’t have enough. I think it’s the Italian in me. I always always have about twice the amount of food/drink then is needed. Just in case. Just in case everyone who shows up hasn’t eaten in a week and they bring a person who hasn’t eaten in two. 200 jello shots ended up being perfect. There are 8 still sitting in my refrigerator just waiting to meet their destiny….but I haven’t been moved to eat and of them. Not after the 15 or so I consumed last Saturday. I also made some sort of trashcan punch. Which really was Tupperware storage punch because I didn’t have enough people to warrant a trash can. Hawaiian punch, 2 liters of vodka, two bottle of rum and a bottle of champagne. Half the people said it was weak (and then proceeded to get trashed) and the other half said it was strong (and then proceeded to get trashed). I pity the fool who threw up after that night…Hawaiian punch can not be a good site coming back up.
I was totally impressed EVERYONE dressed up! And not half assed costumes either! Awwwww, I was so happy. I know not everyone enjoys dressing up, but I guess my threats worked. It was fun to see my neighbor dressed as a woman and his wife as a hillbilly. I was impressed that my sister’s friend showed up as a light bright and has constructed his costume from scratch. I loved the ‘dick in a box’ guys. I could go on and on.
Basically everyone had fun just drinking, dancing and avoiding the cops. Yes, that’s right, the cops came! Wheeeee! Except it wasn’t for my party. There was a party down the street from me of teenage kids. Apparently the mother was serving them mad dog 20/20 and apparently there were some imports from the bad side of Dallas. As in gang members (if the kids I was talking to later were correct). Sweet. We had a good, ‘ol fashioned Bloods and Crips gang fight 5 houses down!! Needless to say the cops came and broke it up at 11:00 and again at 1:30 and again at 11:00 am the next morning. Wow do I feel safe!! Low and behold the cops didn’t even bother with us even though I had people in the front yard. We really weren’t that loud and truth be told I know most of my immediate neighbors so it wasn’t too much of an issue.
I did however think it would be a great idea to prance up to one of the cop Tahoes to show them my outfit. Ya know…to show I’m ‘one of them’. Yes, I’m a bit tipsy at this point, but not totally impaired. So I go running across my yard in fishnets and high heels and get to the car. Yeah, it’s a lady cop. Ack! Even in my tipsy state I am thinking this was NOT a good idea. Contraire. She got a big kick out of it and said I could help out on calls if they got too backed up. Ha ha! I think me and my plastic handcuff and billy club would have worked wonders on the criminals! Yes?
By the very end of the night there were about 10 of us left….and decided it would be fun to play twister. I have left out the butt shots that were a results of that. Too humiliating. By the very end of the night I had 6 people crashing at my place. Rainbow Bright, a lady pirate and one of the dick in a box guys shared my full size guest bed (still costumed up I might add). A cat was on the couch and he other dick in a box guy was on the love seat. My sister was with me. I think we were in bed by 3:30.
The next morning I got up at 8:30. I walk out to the kitchen to find a uncooked pizza, unwrapped and sitting on two plates on my stovetop. WTF? One of the guys had decided he was hungry and ‘cooked’ the pizza after we all went to bed. Only after 20 minutes did he realize he didn’t turn on the oven. Brilliant.
All in all it was a great night…..long live Halloween!!
Champagne wishes and gang war dreams.
PS there are a few of you who apparently don’t know the greatness that was the SNL skit ‘Dick in a Box’. How, I have no idea…it won an Emmy people! Anywho. Here it is in case you are confused by the reference.
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/uncensored.shtml
11 months ago
6 comments:
lol totally didnt know about the afterparty :) now I kknow what sleeping arrangements took place!
PS: Youre Italian? Why isnt your last name Gandolfini or something?
yeah, now you have good blackmail material on those people ...although I have no proof!
I'm only 1/4 Italian. I kinda wish I had that last name. Bataglia. So much more interesting that my current one. ;)
Sounds like a rager!
Did I just say rager? God I am stupid.
You should have taken a pic with the cop!
I don't know how well I would sleep with a box attached to the 'ol front-side... unless the drink helped out with the whole not noticing part.
oh my gosh! It sounds like so much fun! I wish I was closer I woulda crashed your party! I looked at the pictures, you were a rockin' hottie in the cop costume - in a totally nice, non stalker, we're kinda blog friends way! I'll stop talking now. LOL :)
LG - Rager...haven’t heard that in a while but I think it accurately describes the party!
Scotty - I totally regret not taking a pic with the cop. Oh, and the box was removed for sleeping purposes...but not the suit!
Bobbi- thank you! I would totally have invited you if you were here!
Post a Comment