Thursday, October 11, 2007

Writers block

Ever get it? Writers block that is, not ‘get it’ as in between the sheets. Ahhh, wouldn’t that be nice…but I digress. For the last few weeks I just haven’t felt inspired to write. Before that I would almost live my life and write my blog in my head as my day progressed. I would write blogs ahead of time just waiting for the opportunity to post them. Maybe my life has gotten boring? Maybe I’m just not creative anymore?

So for the lack of a funny story to tell I’ll just tell you what’s going on in life. My life, specifically. Okay, so I’m throwing a Halloween party! Yep, that’s right, it’s one of my favorite, if not my absolute favorite holiday. I love spooky stuff, I love candy, I love dressing up. Do I use the ‘slut’ card maybe sometimes a little bit kinda? Yeah…I suppose I do. Soooo, I really never like dressing up as something like a bum or a woman in a burka, or anything like that. Why not let your freak flag fly? It may be the only time I get to wear a tattoo that wraps around my neck without feeling weird. Maybe I WANT to wear fishnet stockings, but other than the bedroom, I don’t think I can wear them out in public, like to work or something. Not that people don’t wear fishnets out in public….and some look really cool doing it. I’m just not one of those people. When faced with wearing something cool-like such as something from the L.A.M.B collection I put it on and then I feel like it’s a costume. It just doesn’t fit me. So I am relegated to wear these things on the holiday where it’s okay to not be ourselves and dress how you wouldn’t normally dress.

Back to the party. So I’ve invited like 80 people (not including spouses and significant others). Yeah, I know, that has the potential to be crazy! Seriously, my thinking was that only a certain percentage accept, kinda like a wedding. Aaaannnd, I would like more than 5 people to show up. Nothing scares me more having a party and no one showing up. Just me and my costume and my smoke machine…a few bowls of candy corn and me sitting on my couch. He he he. Maybe I’m not that desperate, but I would like a rocking party. In fact, I don’t think it will be a good party unless the cops come. Which will be perfect because they will recognize me as one of them. That’s right, I’m going to be a cop!

this one, in fact. I should not eat between then and now. I’m liable to pop some buttons. And nobody needs to lose an eye in this process. Not even TM…who I invited BTW. Yes, that’s right…let’s let bygones be bygones and be mature adults. Come to my party! And, in the few conversations I actually had with him that weren’t about work and drinking, he mentioned what some of his past costumes were. And they were creative…so I’ll be interested to see what I get this year. Wheee!

Okay, that’s all I have to say for today. nothing earth shattering, just life as usual. Send me some good writing vibes if you get a chance….I could use them!

Champagne wishes and “I’m going to need to frisk you” dreams

5 comments:

Dallas Diaries said...

Sergio and I are thinking of being a mutilated bumble bee. Like hes the top part- the bumble, and Im the bottom part. The bee. And then we'll throw in some red for blood, cos you know, we're the severed bumble bee.

We're so morbid.

wait, is a severed bees blood red?

Fluffycat said...

OMG I love your costume. I'm sure people will show up. Did you send it out on Evite? I love that service because you can see when they've read the invites.

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the Halloween when I got the MIP while going to midnight yell practice with Kristin's bonfire buddy? That was a total mood killer. And then I was worried that the sorority would kick me out and that Mom would find out and make me come home from college. Random thought. :-)

Scotty said...

You should have some trash can punch there :)

Anonymous said...

awesome costume! I wish I was gonna there