I rocked the hizouse tonight! The training plan called for a 4-mile negative split run. I was skeptical. A negative split is where you run the second half FASTER than the first half. But you know what? I did it!!! I walked for less than a quarter mile overall. I think this is the furthest I’ve run ever. Ever. That is so exciting to me.
When I got home I proceeded to mow the lawn. It REALLY needed to be done. Gracie was swimming in a sea of grass in the backyard. I was pretty sure a snake was going to pop out and drag her down. But she’s safe now. I almost didn’t survive though. Every creature known to mankind came out of that tall grass. Crickets, grasshoppers, spiders, spider with egg sacks (ew), I was honestly ready to see bluebirds, squirrels, and an antelope or two jump out next. Also, any time I felt something against my leg (hello, that was just about all the time) I jumped thinking it was a big spider. I swear I saw Chupacabra in the corner of my yard as it was getting dark. And I’m not even in Mexico. He came far just to spend time in my jungle.
Okay, so as you can tell I’m just about deliriously tired so I’m talking about antelope and Chupacabra. Now onto something everyone can relate to (okay, probably just the girls). So I went out to lunch with two of my employees yesterday. One of them is getting married in September. I am of course going to the wedding. I was kinda psyched because she was friends with TM in college and told me she was gong to invite him (‘why’ to be revealed a little further down). Well, I asked at lunch if he had RSVPed and she said “no, I cut him from the invite list’ I was like WHAT? She said they had to cut a few people and although she had called him personally to get his address, after he was kinda flakey (really flakey) towards me she cut him. Her college friend. You don’t understand how touched I am that she thought to do this for me. BUT, this ruins everything! As I was telling a friend of mine today, I was planning on getting a new dress, looking hot, being sweet as sugar and then under no circumstances would I go out with him if he asked (my big, elaborate, well thought out plan). I realize this might be a big ‘if’, but let me have my fantasies people. It works like that in the movies. So my fantasies were dashed. So, being the problem solvers we are, the three of us decided to ‘recycle’ one of our invitations and invite him. A little late, but he’s a guy, he won’t notice. So now for the fun part. Dress shopping. Here’s where I need some advice. Next week I’m going to go shopping. As best I can, I’ll take pictures and I’ll let my 5 readers decide. Whew, I’m glad there are only 5 of you…no ties. Well, I guess that’s not true if I have more than two dresses to vote on. Nevermind that. Just make sure you're registered to vote and meet me here at the beginning of next week. Super duper!
When I got home I proceeded to mow the lawn. It REALLY needed to be done. Gracie was swimming in a sea of grass in the backyard. I was pretty sure a snake was going to pop out and drag her down. But she’s safe now. I almost didn’t survive though. Every creature known to mankind came out of that tall grass. Crickets, grasshoppers, spiders, spider with egg sacks (ew), I was honestly ready to see bluebirds, squirrels, and an antelope or two jump out next. Also, any time I felt something against my leg (hello, that was just about all the time) I jumped thinking it was a big spider. I swear I saw Chupacabra in the corner of my yard as it was getting dark. And I’m not even in Mexico. He came far just to spend time in my jungle.
Okay, so as you can tell I’m just about deliriously tired so I’m talking about antelope and Chupacabra. Now onto something everyone can relate to (okay, probably just the girls). So I went out to lunch with two of my employees yesterday. One of them is getting married in September. I am of course going to the wedding. I was kinda psyched because she was friends with TM in college and told me she was gong to invite him (‘why’ to be revealed a little further down). Well, I asked at lunch if he had RSVPed and she said “no, I cut him from the invite list’ I was like WHAT? She said they had to cut a few people and although she had called him personally to get his address, after he was kinda flakey (really flakey) towards me she cut him. Her college friend. You don’t understand how touched I am that she thought to do this for me. BUT, this ruins everything! As I was telling a friend of mine today, I was planning on getting a new dress, looking hot, being sweet as sugar and then under no circumstances would I go out with him if he asked (my big, elaborate, well thought out plan). I realize this might be a big ‘if’, but let me have my fantasies people. It works like that in the movies. So my fantasies were dashed. So, being the problem solvers we are, the three of us decided to ‘recycle’ one of our invitations and invite him. A little late, but he’s a guy, he won’t notice. So now for the fun part. Dress shopping. Here’s where I need some advice. Next week I’m going to go shopping. As best I can, I’ll take pictures and I’ll let my 5 readers decide. Whew, I’m glad there are only 5 of you…no ties. Well, I guess that’s not true if I have more than two dresses to vote on. Nevermind that. Just make sure you're registered to vote and meet me here at the beginning of next week. Super duper!
Well, that’s all for tonight, I have pictures of the backyard and of project ‘watermelon’ but frankly I am too damn tired to download them. Tomorrow. I realize the anticipation will weigh heavy on you 5 readers for a day but I’m sure y'all will find some way to make it through. I suggest vodka...I know it solves all MY problems!
Champagne wishes and Chupacabra dreams (ahhhhhhh!)

6 comments:
LOL I knew about TM being cut off the guest list. HAH! I should the the straight version of Perez Hilton.
God you're just like me, the best way to get revenge and put someone in their place is to look HAWT. HAWT I'm telling you! I hereby sign up for the dress vote.
You will probably end up meeting some other cool guy at the wedding in your new dress... weddings are good pickup joints.
ok Chupacabra totally freaks me out and my house is surround by woods on two sides. Hopefully given that I'm in Missouri he wont be sprinting up here from Mexico to terrorize me.
Oh goodie! I can't wait for the dress vote!!! I agree with Fluffycat... you'll probably meet someone else. So don't waste too much time talking to TM at the wedding... you flirting it up with another hot guy is great revenge for his flakiness and inability to handle Condom Sense.
"Looking hot and being happy are the best revenge!"
Those daydreams of ex bashing are super fun to conjure up aren't they? I can't wait to vote on your dress!
Ooh! Fashion voting! I can't wait! Tres exciting.
You have to look hot for TM at the wedding. I so understand this.
Post a Comment