Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Told ya!

Not only did I NOT post something for my one year anniversary, but what I'm about to post probably should be tagged 'lame-o post by Megan'. Seriously. But really now, I've been workin all day and had class tonight. I can't be held responsible for coming up with something clever and witty as well.

To celebrate my one year blogaversary , I skipped 30 minutes of class tonight and ate dinner and had a margarita by myself. no, seriously. Well, it wasn't *really* to celebrate, I just felt like fajitas and a strong margarita and couldn't convince anyone to go with me. So I ate by myself. Like the mature adult that I am.

Ahem...alright. And what did I do to celebrate during the day? Well, I officially hired someone to do my lawn! Woo hoo! After almost 5 years I'm calling it quits. Because really? I suck at it and in Texas is requires that you get up at say, 4 o'clock in the morning in order to avoid any direct sunlight. Because once the sun is out, one stray ray and you're toast. Literally. So I'm paying someone to fry their fanny off for me. Or maybe that's instead of me. Whatever.

And you know what I did tonight after school to celebrate? That's right, I got out in my backyard at 10:30 at night with a hacksaw and cut down the ginormous sunflower plant in my backyard. No, I'm not exaggerating. the lawn is in need of a good trim, but Lord almighty, I let this sunflower get out of control. I'm not even joking when I say that the 'trunk' was as big as my forearm and that I needed a SAW to cut it. I couldn't even get it all. I was too afraid of a neighbor peeking over the fence and seeing a very sweaty single girl who owns lots of animals and who gave herself ankle tattoos in class with a blue pen, hacking at a sunflower plant in the backyard that rivals Seymour from Little Shop of Horrors. I actually felt like that thing was ALIVE. Well, I mean, it WAS alive, but I mean like it was going to come to life, wrap it's tentacles around me and choke me to death. Uh huh, that wasn't even the margarita talkin. Anyway, I got most of it, but not all of it, the hacksaw blade got DULL if you can believe it. I can't.

And this was all in an effort to save myself the embarrassment of these new lawn people coming over and making a note on how white trash I am. Problem is, when you cut down a redwood tree size sunflower plant....there isn't a lot you can do with the 'remains'. So there's sitting on my back porch. Nice.

Okay, I know what you're thinking. Sunflowers? seriously Megan? Big, bad *sunflowers*? I'm here to tell ya, those things are crazy. Please see below.



okay, I know that's Iowa, but I swear that's what it is.
These are Texas pics


the photographer noted that the hazy effect is not due to fancy photoshop, it's due to HUMIDITY affecting the camera. Nice.

okay, I did not let it get that bad, but see? Little dude's about to get swallowed by that thing! If I had given it another month...this is totally how it would have looked.

The lesson? pick you damn weeds, Megan.

Alright, now down to the real business of my blogoversary. I'd do something cool and neat, but I only have 5 readers and technically one of those is me, so if I ask for questions, as in, ask me anything! I'll answer! I'm afraid I'd pretty much get questions like 'hey, I stopped here and read about your bunchy eye, can you tell me more about that?' (can I tell you that that's one of the most frequent searches that gets people here) or 'Megan, are you coming to see me and your father this weekend?' (except my mother would use better grammar than that). So, how bout this. If you're so inclined, ask away (e-mail or comments). If not, don't. See? No pressure.

Alright, time for bed. Oh, and I need to take some benadryl for the rash that the sunflower plant gave me. I wish I was kidding. It is exacting it's revenge. If it learns how to use a hacksaw, I'm in trouble.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't people say "bless you" when I sneeze? They don't have to say, "God bless you," and risk offending the overly politically correct world. A simple "bless you" is not hard to say. What happened to etiquette? And another thing, why don't grown-ups push their chairs back in after getting up from a table? We learned this skill in kindergarten. When did people become so damned retarded? (I think I've become the etiquette police.)

I'm just sayin' is all.

Fluffycat said...

Congrats on your one year, and your margarita sounds good.

Questions.. Hrm. Are you still doing eHarm? What color are your eyes? I can't tell from the photos. Can't think of any other questions.

Vanessa said...

Congrats on the one year, and at the risk of suggesting the overused, why not do the 100 things about me for your 100th (or 101th) post?

The yard guys? Totally worth it! Mine were just here this morning and have the whole thing trimmed, edged, weeds pulled, the works in under 30 minutes. Of course its a veritable small army that arrives, but man they are efficient and thorough! If you ever need a recommendation, let me know.

Anonymous said...

What are you current favorite reality tv shows?

Librarian Girl said...

Please. You have not seen a messed up yard until you have seen mine. Yours is a friggin' Victory Garden compared to the Amazon canopy I have going on. I am jealous.

Questions!

1. If you were an animal (a non-human animal if you want to get all technical), what animal would you be?
2. What was your worst fashion faux pas ever?
3. What word or phrase do you overuse?
4. What is your first memory?