Thank you to everyone for your well wishes. Miss Gracie is doing alright today. She had an accident sometime during he day which is pretty amazing since I haven't fed her in almost 24 hours. Her system is bound to be clear by now! I successfully administered 4 pills to her tonight (finger down the throat party of one) and gave her a little prescription food and so far so good.
The vet continues to amaze me. I called today to get lab results. After getting a busy signal for 20 minutes (they don't have more than one line?) I finally get someone. I ask her if they've gotten the results yet and she asks for my name. She also doesn't seem to have a hold button because then I hear the conversation she has next...she comes back and asks if this is for Tigger. "No, but one of my cats IS named Tigger" Then I'm 'on hold' again. then I hear (not muffled at all)..."Oh! I think your wife is here!" To which I respond loudly "WHO? WHAT?" At this point my employees are cracking up at me. Then she goes away again. She comes back, "Is this (my last name here) Morgan? No, this is Megan (my last name here). "Oh, wrong person. nope, no results for Gracie"
Oooookay. So now my employees are laughing and asking me when I got married in California. Nice.
Fast forward to tonight. I get a message from the vet. "Um, yeah we have the lab results and we want to make sure these are just for Gracie? Well, we know she was the only one you brought in, but we just want to make sure this sample was just hers"
WHAT? You were there and collected it yourself! I'm wondering what the hell this means? Is my dog a mutant? Do the lab results conclude she is part unicorn? WHAT IS IT?
Sigh...I hate waiting. Of course by the time I got the message they were closed. So tomorrow will have to do.
I bought a bottle of wine at the grocery store tonight...what do you want to bet I crack that puppy open, drink half of it and fall asleep at 9:00?
11 months ago
7 comments:
Hopefully the vet gets it together, that kind of customer service borders on crazy. Not sure where you are in Dallas, but I have a vet I LOVE! Glad the kiddo is feeling better.
Time for a new vet, Megan!
omg! so not ok! Bad vet! don't they realize peoples pets are their babies and they need to show some concern and at least appear competent. I think you need a new vet
Vanessa - I'm in the burbs up North, but totally willing to travel to a good vet...I JUST changed to this one because my last one was incompetent. Geez! Let me know where you go!
Annie- like I said, I JUST changed...how frustrating is this!
KGR- Please see above. ;) How on earth can there be so many no-good vets?? Actually, I think it's just more of the office staff, but that's still a reflection of the vet IMO.
Poor Gracie! Can the other pets catch it? I would call your vet...oh, wait - nevermind. I bet Gracie is part unicorn. Unipup, Dogicorn? Finish your bottle of wine and let me know what you come up with.
Heather- Oh yeah, if she has giardia not only can the cats catch it, but me too...ew. As for the rest of the little bugs, who knows...and you're right, it's not like I can call my vet!
hmmmm, Dogicorn sounds like a delicious treat, but I kinda like Unipup....I'm sure with a few more glasses of 'happy juice' I can figure out some more variations. :)
Aw, poor Gracie! And poor you! I hope everything turns out ok.
Post a Comment