Monday, September 1, 2008

alright...another goal.

If you remember, earlier this year (or was it last year?) I set a goal to do a triathlon...or wait, was it a half marathon? or maybe a 10k? hell, I don't remember, but in any case, I set it and then totally didn't do it. Apparently having accountability to my blog readers doesn't help. Soooo, the obvious thing to do this time is to...um...well, have accountability to my blog readers. I see now that this may be an issue, but nonetheless, here I go.

::clears throat::

I'm going to train for the Dallas White Rock Marathon, December 14th. Wait, the half-marathon portion of it. Sigh...yes, let me set a goal that will involve the beltsander of death. Oh, and on a sidenote, I'm going to the doctor tomorrow...my hand still hurts, my knee is healing but still hurts and apparently when you get a tetnaus shot it hurts and swells for days on end. WTF? But I digress. I'm using this training guide http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm and seeing what happens. I've never run more than 4 miles so this should be interesting.

Anyway, wish me luck! Or don't! Really just cross you fingers that I don't die at the hands of an out of control treadmill....that'd be greaaaat. thnxs.

On to other news. I never talked about my California trip! I swear to start in the next day or so...some of the stories are too weird not to share. What? I'll only be like three weeks late.

And one more tidbit. I paited my room this weekend. I got a wild hair and decided it *must* be done the very second I thought of it. So I did...broken hand and all. Not the smartest thing ever but it just HAD to be done.

No before pictures..at least on purpose, so here's a random pic of Daisy so you can see the day-glo yellow. And then an after so you can see the calm, soothing blue (Faint Flicker to be exact.)

well, that was the biggest mish-mash of a post I think I've ever done...I think that's a sign I need to go to bed...goodnight!

5 comments:

Fluffycat said...

OMG your kitty is so cute. Ha, my brain isn't really working other than to say that.

Vanessa said...

Do you ever stop? Setting marathon goals, painting rooms, broken hand, I'd say you need a vacation, but then you might decide to paint an island instead of just a bedroom. Seriously, it looks great!

Scotty said...

What's your cat doing to your bed?

Megan said...

FC- :) thanks.

Vanessa- don't worry, I have pleeeeenty of lazy days! :)

Scotty- she is balancing on the railing...what did you *think* she was doing??? :P

Scotty said...

Lets just say that pic needs no photoshop...

Last night @ soccer, after the game, one of the girls was looking for her soccer ball. "Hey! Has anyone seen my blue ball?"