Things that are wrong today by Megan Go-Lucky
1. I spent the better part of 10 hours working on a school project yesterday. There are a few in the group that appear to be slack asses (no, not you Kristi). This makes me angry. I hate having to do twice the work because some fucker is too lazy to do a good job on their part.
2. I went to bed at two last night. I almost needed a crane to get me out of bed today.
3. I'm bloated today (you can see where *this* is headed)
4. I just got home from class.
5. I have class again tomorrow...after that thing I call a job.
6. I came home to an unidentifiable pile of goo on my carpet that had to be taken care of.
7. I also came home to Gracie planted at the back door.
8. The dog mentioned above had her bowls explode into a disgusting, smelly mess once I let her outside.
9. The upside? She desperately held it till I got home (If you've never had the pleasure of cleaning diarrhea out of a carpet, let me tell ya, it's a dream). She always greets me when I come home...she didn't make a peep and was just clamoring to get out in the backyard. poor thing.
10. The downside? She has long, white hair.
11. Had to give Gracie a bath tonight. A very smelly, unpleasant bath...at 10:30 pm
12. My fourth of July weekend will pretty much be tied up with another school project...because we were so busy working on the other class. I've mentioned that I dislike school, right? Happy effen Independence Day bitches.
13. Okay, since 13 is my lucky number I will make this a positive...I have a new, sectional sofa being delivered on Saturday (cross my fingers).
14. Oh Lord, I don't have the strength for 14...I'm bitching too much as it is.
I was laughing with someone today about the irony of when someone gets angry and shouts something completely out of place, like "I AM fun!" or "I AM a happy person you mutherfucker!. It was funny at the time. As I looked in the mirror tonight and see the dark circles, pre-pubescent zits and red eyes, and due to my lack of sleep in general...I'm thinking I'm not that far off from expressing the same thing. Except maybe I won't be ironic. Maybe I'll just yell "A THOUSAND FIREY DEATHS TO YOU LAZY SONS OF BITCHES WHO DON'T PARTICIPATE IN GROUP WORK...BAH!"
See, that wouldn't be ironic...just crazy...but I'm on the edge, people...teetering...tottering...
...oh shit, I just realized it's only Monday.
4 comments:
oh poor gracie! I hope she's ok! What a great puppy!
It must have been one of those Mondays, and it must be going around b/c mine wasn't so great either. After a slew of other things going not so wonderfully for the day (we were house hunting) I ended up dropping my brand new cell phone in a pool, and no we didn't buy the insurance, and yes I did shout a few bad words in front of my 2 impressionable children. They may be scarred for life. Maybe not scarred but I'm pretty sure their vocabulary was added to yesterday. I'm scared to find out when they might use their new knowledge of words.
I think you still managed to crank out a smile when you passed by the dept :(
I dont imagine cleaning smelly hit from long white fur is a nice thing. Thank god children dont have long white hairs around their anuses.
(You just had a mental image there and cracked up didnt you?)
Here's the thing about grad school group work. They TELL you it is because it simulates the real-life workplace that they make you do a group project, which is totally a lie because we all have jobs and we never have to be involved with clusterfucks like that in real life. It's totally so the professor has less papers to grade overall. I HATE GROUP PROJECTS. (I have been out of school for 4 years now and am obviously still bitter). I feel your pain.
Post a Comment