....nice to get from your 7th (okay and maybe 8th and 9th) grade crush. I was obsessed y'all...particularly in 7th and 8th grade (and Heather, you better not dispute me on this! :P). It was unrequited 'love'...but in my defence, he did lead me on quite a bit. Made me think that he liked me. Made lots of late night calls to me. Shamelessly flirted back. But when it came to 'going out'? No dice. Of course, this was for the better...he was a few years older (but still in the same grade as me) and could freakin drive, had had sex and had facial hair in 7th grade. No lie. I always went for the bad boys back then...and in high school...and mostly in college...okay and for a little while after college...but I digress.
ANYWAY...he contacted me through MySpace not too long ago. He's moved to a small town between Texas and Louisiana, has a wife and two kids and is a Jr. High teacher. How apropos.
So he sent me an e-mail tonight and at the end of it said:
"Just to let you know I do apologize for the way you were treated by me. I Am Sorry"
Okay, let's do a collective 'awwwwww'. Really, it's no skin off my nose, especially after this long (OMG, 17 years since 7th grade, please hold while I go vomit) but it was nice to hear anyway.
I'll ignore the fact that he spelled my name 'Meagan'......
My Jr. High...just for kicks...the site of much teenage angst
4 comments:
Man, that's really nice. There are a lot of people I wish would apologize to me from my school years... but no one ever has.
I used to get made fun of by the cheerleaders because I didn't have a Dooney & Burke purse. Like someone that age needs a purse like that. Bitches. Junior high sucked. I am already filled with anxiety about Reagan going to junior high and it's still 12 years away!
Hrm, that's better than nothing but one would hope for more groveling.
Weird. That looks exactly like my Jr Hi in TN. They must sell them as a kit.
Post a Comment