Saturday, January 26, 2008

strangers with candy

wow! what a week. I think I said earlier that this week was going to be super super busy and it was. But I have some things to report out of it which of course is fun.

eHarmony is going surprisingly well. And by well I mean I haven't given up hope in the male of our species yet...nor have I actually broken up those liquor bottles and chewed them...yet. After what was a super-long week, I actually had my first 'coffee date' last night. It was only for an hour since I also had a poker party to go to at Amy's (more on that later). So it was the perfect setup. It was Friday but we were both on time constraints so if things didn't go well there was an obvious out. I re-read his profile before I left and did what I normally do. Picked out the things about him I didn't like. 'ooooh, I forgot, he has a kid' 'oooooh, I'm not so sure about this one picture, he looks kinda dorky' Things like that. Why I do this, I'm not entirely sure. Unfortunately for me, if I don't feel that spark immediately wen going out with a setup from an online thing, then it's pretty much over. That's not the case in 'real life' but it is when the premise of meeting int he first place is to see if you are compatible/want to date. In my past experiences with eHarmony, each coffee date I went on was a letdown. Although the guys were good on paper, I wasn't crazy about them in person. Not from a looks perspective, just that instant 'click'. So I did not have high hopes for last night.

So I arrive at Starbucks promptly at 7:00 (don't want him to know that I actually usually run a little late) and he's already there reading a book. hmmmmm, not bad. I'm not repulsed on sight. Then he recognizes me, we smile and shake hands. hmmmmm, nice, deep voice. I like it. HE propmtly offers for us to go get coffee, pays and we sit back down. He got regular coffee, black so they gave it to him right away but he went up to get my sissy coffee when they called my name which I thought was nice.

We had very good conversation, no lulls to speak of, but right off the bat he informs me that he thinks he may have left his guitar sitting outside his apartment door and it's eating him up. I tell him I totally understand because I'm a freak like that too...'did I lock the door?' 'Did I leave all the animals outside in a weird black-out moment?' 'Did I leave the stove on with 20 highly flammable dish-rags laying on top, soaked in gasoline?' Alright, I didn't give him these example quite yet. Not good to let the neuroses out of the bad straight away.

He says he's going to try to put it out of his mind but at some point he may not be able to and may ask if we can go check. Of course 'neurotic girl' in the back of my head is pretty sure that he's a serial killer and this is his plan to chop me in a million bit and feed me to the fishes. But I keep a smile on my face and say 'no problem'. After about 20 minutes he breaks the conversation and says he has to go check. against my better judgement I smile perkily and say 'no problem!'. We get outside and asks if I should drive or should he. 'You can go ahead and drive' I say. 'It will be easier to dump my body that way'. Whoops. Did I actually say that? um, yeah.

So we arrive to his place to and sure enough his guitar is in the garage, not sitting alone outside waiting to be snatched up. I'm thinking 'alright, this is it, make or break time. Is he going to ask me to get out of the car? Come see his extensive hatchet collection? Ask me to put lotion on my skin?' Nope, none of that, we actually made went back to Starbucks. On the way I mention that I've noticed the Felix the Cat sticker on his guitar case. I am a big fan and it's kinda obscure. So we chat about that for a bit. ANYWAY, this is all probably sounding very boring....blah blah blah blah blah. we had sex...blah blah blah...kidding!!

Anyway, we made plans to get together week after next (our schedules didn't match up for next week) and I'm actually pretty excited. We'll see how it goes.

I'm also talking to a English guy that just moved to Dallas. He also seems promising. Then there's a guy that runs a country club that's mildly interesting and a guy from Houston (excited Annie?) that seems very nice. WE went to the same University so we have a lot to talk about. Anyway, bottom line is it's going pretty well.

Oh! the serial killer guy!! I didn't respond to his e-mail and he e-mailed me again accusing me of not using my real pictures. Then he 'closed' our match on the eHarmony website and listed like 6 different reasons (usually you only put one). psy-cho! Then he e-maield me AGAIN and asked what he did wrong, and to please e-mail him back. uhhhhh, I'm a little bit oooged out. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, enough for today...hope y'all have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Librarian Girl said...

Aside from serial killer dude, it all sounds fun!

Can't wait to hear the next installment!

Sizzle said...

sounds promising! (minus the weirdo serial dude)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like things are going pretty well!

Fluffycat said...

Haha, you cracked me up! I think this sounds good and you already have had way more luck with eHarm than I ever did, because I never actually met anyone from there.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! Please marry the guy from Houston!!! :-)

Did you show Guitar Guy your tat?

Scotty said...

Why was his guitar outside? I mean, serenading the local felines or something?

Dallas Diaries said...

ANYWAY, this is all probably sounding very boring....blah blah blah blah blah. we had sex...blah blah blah...kidding!!

Good one there :) also on the english guy, I think this is the BEST time to use this Qoute I've been dying to use forever but never had the chance to :)


“I met a boy.....from London....with an accent....and he's leaving tomorrow....jackpot!”
-Lauren Conrad

Anonymous said...

Serial killer guy is nuts. Run! Run away!

Match.com actually worked for me and two of my best friends. But we know plenty of other girls who have only kissed a lot of frogs from there, too.